Servicing and LOLER Testing Your Mobility Stair Climber
We provide annual servicing and LOLER testing for mobility stair climbers. You are required by law to service and LOLER test your stair climber annually. We can visit you on-site and carry out the servicing and testing for £295 plus delivery and VAT.
What is LOLER?
LOLER stands for the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations that were passed in 1998. The regulation places duties of care on people and companies who own, operate or have control over lifting equipment and machines.
What are the basics of the LOLER Regulations?
- All lifting operations involving lifting equipment must be properly planned by a competent person, appropriately supervised and carried out in a safe manner.
- LOLER also requires that all equipment used for lifting be fit for purpose, appropriate for the task, suitably marked and, in many cases, subject to statutory periodic “Thorough examination”.
- Records must be kept of all thorough examinations and any defects found must be reported to both the person responsible for the equipment and the relevant enforcing authority.
- Lifting equipment must be thoroughly examined before the first use.
- Where it depends on the installation or re-installation / assembly at another site.
- Where it is exposed to conditions causing deterioration that could be liable to result in danger.
- LOLER testing must be carried out every 12 months.
- In most cases, lifting equipment is also work equipment, so the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) will also apply, including inspection and maintenance.